Classes, curriculum, assessment
Class 3 is taught by Karen Barclay, Anne Fothergill and supported by Jackie Wignall.
Reading books should be sent into school each day in children’s red bags and children will be given the opportunity to change these on a Monday and Fridays. Children in Year 1 are encouraged to select their own books independently, therefore you may find some cross over in the first half term with books they may have read in Reception. We will change all children’s books twice a week and Bug Club can also be accessed ( we encourage the children to log on to this independently ).
Don’t forget, you can access online e-books for your child to read at home on Bug Club. The books have been selected for your child, by your child’s class teacher, according to their phonics level and colour band they are reading. Usernames and passwords were sent home earlier in the year in your child's reading record, if you are having trouble logging on. Please do get in touch.
On Thursday, your child will be receiving a set of 6 spellings based on Year 1 phonics, high frequency, and tricky words, with a short test the following Thursday. Please practise these with your child daily.
Our PE lesson will be on a Friday afternoon. On this day, your children will need to come into school in their PE kit (red t-shirt, black shorts/joggers/leggings, and trainers). In cold weather, ensure your children wear joggers or tracksuit pants and a fleece or jumper.
Notes for Parents
- The school provides children with a piece of fruit each day. If you would prefer your child to bring his/her own snack to school, please keep in mind that we are a healthy school and it should be a piece of fruit or veg (no nuts).
- Children are encouraged to bring a drinks bottle to school each day, filled with water. A water fountain is not available at present.
- Lunches must come in either a carrier bag that can be binned daily or a small lunch bag/box that can cleaned easily.
- As we try to limit contact between adults and children, we ask that if you need to speak to a member of staff, you ring the school office or email the class teacher rather than speaking to them on the door.
- Until further notice, we will be unable to administer medication in school with the exception of emergency medications and inhalers. If your child requires medication, we ask that a parent comes to school to administer it.
Should you wish to use our online home learning links, please click here. This link will take you to a plethora of resources that you can use at home to further your involvement in your child’s learning.