St. George’s Church of England Primary School was founded in 1850 but is now housed in a lovely modern building, which was completed in 1975.
We are a Church school and the Governors and teachers are concerned that children grow up to be faithful caring Christians.
The present school stands on an attractive site overlooking Duxbury woods and has a separate Infant and Junior playground and a large multi use games area that we can use all year long. The grounds are very attractive and provide some un paralleled opportunities for quality outdoor learning.
The interior, massively extended and refurbished during 2017, is largely carpeted with 12 classrooms linked to very large resource areas. There is a music room and many extra teaching rooms and a very well equipped Sports Hall. School meals are cooked on the premises and children can have a healthy cooked lunch or a packed lunch.
The school mainly serves the local community and new housing developments.