At St George's we promise that:
- The welfare of the child remains paramount.
- All children - whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity - have the right to be protected from harm.
- All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- All staff and volunteers working at our school have a responsibility to report concerns to the Designated Lead for Safeguarding.
Click here to read the Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021
Click here for How to Help a Child
All staff and Governors should have an awareness of our guidelines for Children Missing in Education.
While a CME policy isn't in the DfE's list of statutory policies and documents, the statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education expects stake holders at Mossy Lea to:
- Have appropriate safeguarding measures in place when responding to children who go missing from education
- Be aware that CME can be a vital warning sign of a range of safeguarding possibilities
- Know our unauthorised absence and CME procedures
You can also ring childline on 0800 1111